Tuesday, July 5, 2011

First Post

Well, here it is - I finally have a blog!  I realize I'm at least 5 years behind the times and everyone else is doing social media now but I just wanted a place where I could post my artwork and have it easily available to friends all over the country or right here in Erie, PA.

Things may change, but I envision this as mainly a blog of pictures rather than a description of my home life, my travels or my cats.  I tend to work slowly so don't expect frequent posts - there will be a new one when I have something to show you.


This is called "Death Comes to the Magic Castle".  The background is acrylic paint, the castle is an inkjet print of the Victorian engraving colored with Pan pastels and the tree and part of the sun are made with Golden soft molding paste put through a stencil.  The skeleton figures are from an illuminated French manuscript on the Dance of Death, found online, printed and cut out.

No comments:

Post a Comment